Case Study Summary
The Business of Resilient Transitions: An Innovative Graduate Studies Certificate Program
Regional Hub: Europe
Action for Climate Empowerment Element: Higher Education
This Case Study explores the The Business of Resilient Transitions: An Innovative Graduate Studies Certificate Program offered by HEC Paris, a leading European business school. The program educates and empowers future leaders how to navigate the complexities of climate change and decarbonization.
The Case Study researches a five-week graduate-level certificate program that focuses on understanding and experiencing the low-carbon and climate resilient transition. The certificate builds on climate science and looks at the main issues of the net zero transition from a business and a societal perspective. The program engages a holistic CCE approach through:
- Cognitive Learning: Transferring knowledge on climate science, policy, economics and finance that are essential for students to become agents of change.
- Psychosocial Learning: Supporting the necessary soft skills to tackle business problems related to climate change.
- Action-based Learning: Developing individual and collective action competencies through hands-on and experiential learning
The Case Study comprises three methods:
- A desk review looking at the existing literature on CCE in business schools
- Semi-structured interviews with key stakeholders involved in creating the Climate and Business
Program at HEC Paris, including the school’s management, professors, and administrative staff
- A survey of the first batch of students before and after taking the course to better understand how the program contributes to their personal and professional lives
The Case Study research aims to explore how business schools can integrate innovative CCE into curricula through participatory processes. The Case Study will also highlight how integrating CCE into a business school’s curriculum can help mainstream climate change topics throughout the business school itself and can create momentum for collaboration and exchange of experiences and best practices.
More about the MECCE Project
Learn how to join our growing global network, which supports regional input and action on climate communication and education.
GLOBAL MONITORING TOOLS
We are developing interactive open access tools will offer users the ability to interact with and visualize the MECCE Project’s data.
GLOBAL CCE BLOG
We discuss emerging issues in climate communication and education to respond to the area's rapidly evolving policy environment and public discourse.
Visit our open access repository for project materials, including policy briefs, factsheets, guidelines, infographics, reports, and videos.